Saturday, November 14, 2009

Taiko


Taiko....is Japanese drum.

My older son has been drumming over 1 year now.

I love the sound of Taiko, which reminds me Japanese festivals, the interesting people who play with him, all the wonderful events he participates, the depth of Taiko's world, and I love seeing him drumming. He looks proud of himself and he is shining when he plays Taiko. What a good decision we made to let him take the class!!!

On the other hand....karate....you know what karate is....

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

I still don't know what to do with this!!! :( It's a big frustration for both of us to be there. He doesn't like it and I don't know what's the best for him.

Should I stay or should I go? If you say that you are mine, I will be here til the end of time. So you got to let me know...should I stay or should I go??? (of course I am singing now!!!)

He told me other day, "Mommy, I like karate again. I want to go there everyday again."

Then again today, "Mommy, should I quit?"

Am I supposed to motivate him or let him find something he likes or ignore him???

It's hard to raise children............haaaaaaaaaaa.


PS By the way, this pic was taken at rehearsal for one of events. It was collaboration of 100 kids chorus, other Japanese instrument called Koto, Western instruments and Taiko. Really great performance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment