Sunday, November 29, 2009

Meat


It might be hard to believe, since I live in the states and I am over weight Asian, but we hardly eat beef! But sometimes....I do crave for juicy red beef. My BF is VERY picky with beef and if he finds a tiny part he doesn't like, he won't eat it, so I usually just stay away from beef.

I asked my friend who has French chef husband and I believe she's also chef which part of beef I should use for steak and it's reasonable, soft, and doesn't have the part my BF doesn't like. She told me as long as we eat it under medium rare, skirt steak is good.

So, I got it. It looked good. I marinated the beef with salt, pepper, fresh garlic, ginger, soy sauce (What a surprise! I am SO Japanese!), Sake (hehehe), and those FRESH herbs I got for Thanksgiving dinner like rosemary and thyme. I usually have dried herbs instead of fresh ones because of my budget but I have been enjoying those fresh herbs at this time of year!!!

And...I cooked.

My older one said "It's like eating at a four star restaurant!" My BF said "Definitely encore recipe!" My baby, who is very picky eater, was eating it and my dog was loving it!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, guys! I love those compliments! And...thank YOU to Yacchan! I should ask you more advices when it comes to cooking!

Oh...I forgot to write about Thanksgiving...hmmm....well, my older one was gone to his father, we went to my BF's mother's place, and we just stayed home. Because..........I got my monthly thing and I was dead. :( I can talk about this monthly thing for ever but I will keep it personal for now.

I can't wait to move to a bigger place, buy a huge dining table and invite many people for Thanksgiving dinner!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, hope everyone enjoyed thanksgiving weekend! Now it's time for me to look for a job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment