Friday, December 11, 2009

Gold tooth


I was always wondering why my front tooth (not the front front one but the one next to the front) is getting yellow as I get older. I spent some $$$ to do whitening at dentist but it didn't change. I asked dentist why and she told me because I had root canal on that tooth and needs to be covered! I had root canal when I was in elementary school, I didn't know I needed the cover and noone told me before! Dentist requested the treatment to insurance company and I was waiting for the approval.

I finally received a letter from insurance company yesterday, so I called my dentist to make an appointment. YAY!

Then...I realized it says WHITE GLASS WITH GOLD CROWN. I got panicked!!! I thought I was going to get something like gold tooth! Or at least gold framed tooth like this picture! You know those old rappers and old people used to have....me with gold tooth or yellow tooth....I prefer yellow tooth.

I contacted some people asking questions about what the insurance meant on my approval letter but they weren't sure, so I called the dentist back TO CANCEL the procedure!!! I don't want a gold tooth nor gold framed one!

I told the receptionist about my concern and she started to burst out to laugh. She says noone does that and it will be my other teeth color. She told me gold tooth is expensive, if I changed my mind!

I was so embarrassed but relieved at the same time.

I should have this done by the end of this year. Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment