Monday, December 28, 2009

Feel so guilty

I am very sad.....


because....

Baby's teeth were getting darker after he started his iron therapy for his anemia.

So, I called dentist to make an appointment...

I had to wait about 3 months....

Front teeth (8 of them) were getting worse and worse even after I stopped his iron therapy.


Today, this bitchy dentist was so mean to me telling me I should stop nursing him immediately and I shouldn't have fed him through nights so long and stuff....

She said there is nothing we can do since he is still small. The first layer of his teeth are gone and what I see "discolored' is the second layer of natural teeth.

So, her suggestions were

1.Stop nursing.
2.Give him fluoride at night
3. Avoid sugar
4. Avoid sharing foods/cups/utensils
5.Come back in 6 months

I now so regretted that I didn't take supplement for myself, I didn't stop nursing him through nights, and didn't take him to dentist earlier (well, I did but he had to be seen by big hospital which took me for ever!), and so on....

I thought nursing baby was very good. I never gave him bottle, I hardly gave him juice, I brush his teeth while he screams every nights.....I thought I was such a good mom but this dentist just ignored all my feelings and blamed on me!!!

I immediately contacted this wonderful NP I have been depending on since baby was born and she made me feel better and after reading some websites, I felt better but I still feel so guilty. What's gonna happen if these teeth stay like that and he gets teased? Is he going to have a pain soon? Will he go through painful procedure? I have a lot in my mind. He doesn't know anything. All what he does is calling me all the time, stalking me all the time, and he just wants to have fun and be with me. I hope I can keep him smiling (even though he doesn't have white teeth now) and won't be teased or lose self-esteem. Mommy will find you solutions to you...!

I lost all my baby teeth by the age of 3, it could be genetic that we have weak teeth, if so, it may be better....at least he won't be teased for having bad teeth.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I feel so guilty. I know it might not be my fault but I still feel so bad......I thought taking him to dentist today was finally solution and they will clean his teeth and be better. I can't wait to talk to his pediatrician tomorrow. I won't have a good night sleep tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment