Saturday, May 8, 2010

Reading testimony

I had a chance to volunteer for a group whose group gave speech at Manhattan College. Leader of volunteer group told volunteers it would be informal translation and our job will be supporting the survivors of Hiroshima/Nagasaki. I am not good at translation but I thought I could help little, so I decided to do it. However, I realized, on they way to Mahattan College, I had to do one person's whole speech. Oh no! I can't do it!!! I looked at my son and had a great idea! Even though he hardly understands Japanese, he can at least read English. Mr.Ikeda, the speaker, had English statement already, so all what my son needed to do was to read after him. 

I hope my son will remember this experience. It was very very very emotional for me and exhausting because of my new work schedule but it was definitely priceless experience. Thank you for my BF who supported me to do volunteer and took care of kids while I was out. Without him, I can't do anything. Thank you. I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment