Tuesday, March 30, 2010

入隊!? Army


I am going to share this story both in Japanese and English...first my poor English then my poor Japanese...

Well, since I can't find a job, I was thinking about joining Army! I went to the recruting office which is located in the back of our house.

I was thinking....am I going to be like this?


But it's more like this...

But that's ok....

I can't be on active duty because...
 1. I am not US citizen
 2. I am not married and have kids

I knew we can join military with permanet resident status but my license (RN) will make me an officer automatically and to be an officer, you have to be US citizen.

I wanted to join Army (or anything) so I can live in Hawaii or Japan!!! So, doing the reserve (two days a month for $400 a month) in NYC was not my option.

Ok, so...how much do I need to become an American? $675!!!

I need a job to make that money for naturalization process! But if I have a job, I don't need to join Army!

As for marriage, I don't know. I feel that's not fair but at the same time it's understandable. We are in love and we know we will be together for ever but the whole marriage paper work thing is not our priority at this moment of our life. We don't want to just get married for me to join Army for sure!!! We need to find a way which both of us can feel bottom of my heart to show our love and commitment. We don't know how to do that yet. I am Buddhist and my BF is Catholic. United Nation Temple? Hmm....I am not sure.

 So, joining Army is not going to happen at this moment but I may think in the long run, it will pay me to go back to school and I may able to live in Japan or Hawaii! Great option! But I gotta hurry up, so I won't be too old to join Army (41 is the limit for Army. For others, it's much younger!)

 ハワイか日本に住めるかなあ?と思って、軍隊に入隊しようかな?なんて、思っちゃいました。
でも、結婚していない事や、アメリカ国籍がない事で(Officerになれちゃうので、Officerはアメリカ国籍じゃないといけないらしい。普通の軍人になるだけなら、アメリカ人じゃなくてもOKなの)夢は一時中断中。

さて、どうなるかな?(なんで、日本語だとこんなに短い文章なんだるう?)

No comments:

Post a Comment