Saturday, September 12, 2009

Looking for Mr.Miyagi




My older son....he has been practicing karate for a while now. He used to go to everyday....almost 6 days a week, nowadays only twice a week due to increasing needs of studying and other things.

Not sure if he even likes karate. I know he likes his friends there. I know it helped him A LOT to focus. I know it's good exercise. But sometimes I wonder if I should just let him quit....because he complains a lot when we are about to leave for karate. (Then he is happy to be there when he is there!)

I took many classes when I was young. Gymnastics, swimming, piano, English conversation class, and so on....nothing lasted. I just quit. I regret I didn't continue. I wish my parents forced me to continue little longer so I learned/remember something out of them. Of course I had my reasons why I didn't want to continue these lessons and there were other things I really wanted to learn and wished my parents respected my feelings, so I am really confused.

It's hard to be a parent and make decision for the children. I remember I HATED gymnastics class but now I WISH I continued. Ambivalent feelings over the years.... I am sure he is feeling same. He must be confused also.

Should I keep him there? Or should I let him try other thing instead? Am I pushing him too much? Haaaaaaaaaaa....

Mr.Miyagi...from karate kid, how did he make the kid black belt so quickly??? I need him. If he is black belt now, I have no regret to let him quit now!!!

After all...I believe in you, son! You can be one strong man who can protect yourself and others. You have Samurai soul somewhere in you....!!! GANBATTE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment