Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Baby #4

On 2/29/16, I felt tightening on upper stomach after dinner. Well, I went to Broadway show with Rush ticket (it means I was online for 2 hours) the day before and I took Daichi to doctor on that day, I know I was little tired. So, at 9pm I headed to bed to lay down despite I wanted to hang around with my mom by watching tv Japan!

Leilani was talking to stomach as always and Elvis joined. Every time Elvis talks to her, she became quiet. His question of the day was to answer when she is planning to come out. After his questions, I felt more tightening, so I was gently massaging my upper stomach. Then at 9:30pm, approximately, I felt something was coming out of my vagina. I run to bathroom and saw clear water coming out of vajayjay and wet underwear! Oh boy! Is it "the water"!? Though I had 3 kids, I never broke my water, I didn't know what to expect. Yes, I saw it on movies but it's always gush of water. I heard my friends who went to hospital for false alarms with assumed water. I didn't wanna alert hospital but sure I did alert my family! Woke up my mom "I think my water is broken!" then my husband. Both jumped up and my husband started to look up for "broken water". My mom was in her usual position in living room.

I knew I had to do 3 things! 1. Shower 2. Poop 3. Eat/drink I was on mission!!! Took quick but whole shower. Urged Elvis to take shower expecting it would be a long night (my mom was so curious why he also had to take shower! Lol yes, it was my order!) and I demanded to eat ice cream for energy. I felt urge to poop but no success. I finally agreed that the urge is probably contruction, I started to look at clock to see how often it comes while I demanded for green tea (oh I'm so Japanese!). It was 6 min apart and it became intense especially when I stand up. Couldn't even have sip of green tea despite my mom was crazy enough to hand me hot tea!

On my way to cab ride, which is just hallway, it was like hell like walk. I'm sure cab driver couldn't wait to get to hospital after he heard Elvis addressing I'm in labor.

Elvis forced me to sit on wheel chair, telling security where we are heading to, then in elevator! Wooooooooooow! We felt DESTINY!!!! An NYP worker joined us and her name tag says "Melody"!!!! Both of us looked at her and excitedly explained to her that we are about to have Melody!!! Yay! It was such encouraging moment!!!

Did usual things, getting registered, went to triage, get urine sample, hooked on monitor, get IV started! I was already 6cm dilated, 80%, -1. Ok, I'm going to have baby!!!!

They transferred me to labor and delivery room. Got epidural in right away! Anesthesiologist told me I should be able to rest now. Sounds good to me before hard works!!

Elvis went out to get something to eat for long night! Good idea!

Then my nurse started to call MD reporting my BP is low. Here I am again with hypotension and epi! It happened to me before. Few docs came and gave me medicine to reverse hypotension and gave me bolus of fluids. Another MD came and wanted to examine me.

Already!? Ok....

As soon as she did what she had to do, she said "ok, you are 10cm! Let's push! Baby's HR has periods of bradycardia, let's do this!"

No rest!? No Elvis!? Wait wait wait....! Called Elvis quickly to urge him and he run back with Wendy's!

Elvis!!! It's time to push!!!!

I think it was around 1am when I started to push. Last push took longer than expected and therefore I developed hemorrhoid!!! I gotta do it right!!!

Push push push! I feel contractions well, they say I'm doing good! @ 1:18am, with lots of lots of lots of pressure, she is out!!!!!

Beautiful beautiful beautiful girl to my world!!!!

Melody Miyuki Kiyomi

5lbs 9lbs
19.5 inch

Very small face
Lots of black hair
Beautiful eyes
Good cry

I'm so happy to be your mother and I love you so much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment